B.S. Communication/Electronic Journalism
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. Dean’s List
Film, Television and Event Production:
• Wide-ranging knowledge of film, video and sporting events and projects from inception to completion.
• Extremely effective at organizing, coordinating and completing event and film tasks. Vast experience in using production equipment.
• Conduct script analysis and contribute to script changes and modifications.
• Ability to write and edit scenes, treatments and scripts.
• Very competent in film and sound editing
Administration and Communication:
• Provide efficient administrative support for a wide variety of program participants and staff.
• Can prioritize and organize workloads to meet strict deadlines
• Ability and capable to train and support team members
• Very willing to establish and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external groups
Excels in public speaking due to experience being an event announcer for sporting events.
• Final Cut Pro 6
• Adobe Audition
• MS Office
• Internet Browsers
• JVC, Sony, Canon and other digital cameras and equipment
• Studio Floor cameras
• MAC and PC
Strengths and Accomplishments:
• Extremely enthusiastic and creative.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines and objectives efficiently.
• Excellent communicative and organizational skills, especially in a public speaking environment.
• Strong ability to improve productivity and efficiency while reducing overall costs.
• Extensive background of extreme sports.
• Professional freeskier and BASE Jumper since 1999.
• Featured in multiple international publications and has multiple appearances on network television.
• Experience with ESPN, OLN, NBC and other sport orientated networks.
Freeskiing World Tour 2010
Event host for broadcast, internet and live audience.
All events were live play-by-play freeskiing competitions including interviews, stand-ups and non-scriptedevent commentary.
ESPN Winter XGames 2008-2009
• Stage Manager for Skiing and Snowboarding halfpipe and slopestyle venues.
• Successfully accomplished numerous tasks for live broadcast television. Organized commentators and on-air content, communicated with broadcast truck, wrote scripts for on-air event coverage and verified accurate content about participating athletes.
ESPN Summer XGames 2008-2009
• Stage Manager for Moto Best trick, Moto Step Up, Rally Car, Moto Best Whip
• Similar tasks as Winter XGames for production. Successfully accomplished numerous tasks for live broadcast television. Organized commentators and on-air content, communicated with broadcast truck, wrote scripts for on-air event coverage and verified accurate content about participating athletes.
NBC Summer and Winter Dew Tour 2008-2009
• Stage Manager and production staff for skiing and snowboarding events.
• Please see noted accomplishments with the ESPN Summer and Winter XGames. Events contain the same tasks and production demands.
Pacific Coast Cycle for a Cause
• Organizer and creator of charity bike ride featuring the worlds top known ski athletes.
• Charities benefitted include: The Shane McConkey Fund (the Make a Wish Foundation), the Billy Poole Ski Foundation (Local Boys and Girls Clubs) and The Riley Poor Fund (NTAF Transplant/Spinal Cord Fund)
• Single handedly created, organized, and brought this unique event to life.
ESPN Winter XGames 2005
• Skiing slopestyle and halfpipe judge and standby commentator for events.
Freeskier Magazine Internship 2006:
• Completed numerous tasks for internationally published magazine including contributing writer, editor, online writing, and field representation for magazine.
Film Department/COMM 3560
• Cast, directed, produced, and edited short sport documentary for COMM 3560 assignment
• Planned organized, and budgeted film shoots.
• Edited projects and assignments, and performed sound editing using Final Cut Pro 6 and Motion. • Wrote scenes, treatments, and most of the scripts.
• Highlighted as “best of semester” film.
“Newsbreak” on-campus New Program http://www.newsbreak.utah.edu/
• Anchor, reporter, cameraman, graphic director, sound, and other studio tasks for campus television news program.
• Planned and organized interviews and shoots.
• Wrote scripts, leads, and reported to producers on a daily basis.
• Edited and produced assignments using Final Cut Pro 6.